What is a ReStore?
A ReStore is a shop for building materials and home improvement items. New and gently used building materials are sold to the public at bargain prices. ReStore recycles overstocked, discontinued, and used quality building materials donated by individuals, firms and contractors.
Donated items are sold to the public to raise funds to build Habitat homes. By recycling building materials, customers are able to buy them at a fraction of their original cost and keep them out of landfills (more than 40% of Alabama’s landfill space is filled with construction debris.) Contact Keep Mobile Beautiful for more information on recycling other items.
Volunteer at the ReStore
Volunteering to help staff and operate the ReStore is a great way to help Habitat for Humanity, your community, and your fellow man. Click on How to Volunteer to get involved in this rewarding work.
3712 Airport Boulevard
Mobile, AL 36608
Monday – Saturday
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
ReStore Wish List
Our Habitat ReStore is in need of some particular items! We take donations from individuals and businesses, so if you have some of these items floating around, contact us at (251)662-1121 or email us to donate the items to us!Email the ReStore
List of items that are acceptable donations:
- Furniture (no worn, visible stains, odors or holes)
- Appliances (must be in 100% working condition)
- Cabinets (must have all drawers & doors)
- Doors (no rotten wood or broken glass)
- Electrical items
- Fans (must be in working condition)
- Flooring material- at least 45 sq. ft. (tile, carpet, wood)
- Lighting (must be in working condition)
- Lumber/Plywood (must be at least 5′ in length)
- Mirrors- Framed only
- Paint- only full, unopened paint cans/buckets
- Wall coverings
- Pipe (PVC, Metal, Copper)
- Bathtubs/Shower unit
- Commodes (must be cleaned)
- Roofing Material
- Windows (no rotten wood or broken glass)
- Books (Paper or hardback)